Funders for Housing and Opportunity (FHO) is a cross-sector, non-partisan, national funder collaborative with a shared vision: That all renters, regardless of income, can afford safe, stable housing in communities that support better health, economic mobility, and educational achievement.
FHO believes that a stable home is so much more than a commodity. Housing is a platform for achieving better life outcomes and thriving communities for all of us. Safe, stable housing means:
• children do better in school
• seniors are healthier longer and more socially connected
• parents and children experience better mental health
• workers are more productive
• trips to emergency rooms are reduced
• families have more disposable income to strengthen their financial security and boost local economies.
FHO is working to ensure that the provision of housing is an essential part of our nation’s efforts to improve the life outcomes of the most vulnerable American families.